Monday, October 5, 2009

Open 24/7 for business…

Are you able to turn your daily/weekly routines into an opportunity to market your business?

Today's question posted on Twitter is a good lead in to my discussion on getting you to think about where and how you market your business. If you are going to be in business for yourself it does not hurt for you to start practicing today. I have heard and I am sure that you also heard others that start a new business venture say, "I don't have time to network because I'm so busy." The question I have gotten next is, "How do you find the time to do it while having two small boys and working full-time?" My response to them was, "I do it wherever I am or when the opportunity arise".

Yes it is a job raising two boys and I could come up with all types of excuses of why I cannot find the time to market my business. However, on the other hand I think having my boys gives me that extra push to not have so many excuses so that they are better off in the long run. On Twitter we have shared quotes around being successful and we have shared that it states in the mind and you have to change the way you think first. Changing the way you market your business, by seeing the numerous opportunities around and keeping your business open 24/7.

What does it mean to be open for business 24/7? I will share some examples of what it means below:

  1. If you have kids a great opportunity could be to talk to people in the park, the doctor's office or while picking up your child (ren) from daycare.
  2. While on the job you could leave literature out on your desk where someone could see it upon coming to talk to you or as they are walking by your office.
  3. While on vacation marketing your business can be as simple as leaving a flyer with an attached business card in the room where you slept, the newspaper stand, or in the check in/out lobby.
  4. When you do your grocery shopping keep your eyes open for bulletin boards to post information or other advertisement stands.
  5. Use memberships you have to your advantage. You could probably pass your business cards out to other members so they are kept in the loop of what you are doing.


 

Lastly, being an entrepreneur is not easy because if it was everyone one would be doing it, right? Well you took the first step, which was deciding to be an entrepreneur and I know you are on the right track because you are seeking ways to grow your business and that is how you found this blog. With continued practice you will become a pro and believe me when I say that marketing your business wherever you are, will be like second nature to you and keep your business growing too.


 

"The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don't like to do."-- Albert E.N. Gray from the essay: "The Common Denominator of success."

No comments:

Post a Comment